Net Price Calculator and Financial Aid
The Net Price Calculator allows you to estimate your financial aid eligibility as a full-time freshman or as a transfer student. Sources of funding are made available by federal and state governments as well as the San Francisco Art Institute.
Using the Net Price Calculator
As you use the net price calculator, please remember:
- This is not an application for admission or financial aid.
- The results are only as reliable as the data you provide and may not cover all the costs of attendance.
- The net price calculator gives an estimate of your net price and aid eligibility.
- The financial aid office makes the final decision on your financial aid award.
These estimates do not represent a final determination, actual award of financial assistance or a final net price whether written or implied.
Estimates are based on the current cost of attendance and financial aid available and are subject to change without prior notice.
Undergraduate applicants are automatically considered for SFAI's competitive scholarships, which are awarded through the Admissions Office and based on artistic merit and grade point average.
SFAI Grants are need-based grants awarded through the Financial Aid Office. SFAI provides institutional grants to help bridge the gap between college costs and what a family can be expected to contribute through income, savings, loans, and student earnings.
These funds are available in limited amounts and are not reflected in the net price calculator estimate. Applicants who want to be considered for institutional grants must complete the FAFSA one month prior to the start date of the fall or spring terms.
Federal and State Funding Available
For U.S. Citizens and Green Card Holders: To apply for federal and state student aid, a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at fafsa.ed.gov and enter SFAI's school code: 003948.
- California Student Aid Grant (Cal Grant - California Residents Only)
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Federal College Work Study
- Federal Subsidized Direct Loan
- Federal Unsubsidized Direct Loan
- Federal Parent/Graduate Plus Direct Loan
SFAI Matching VA Benefits are also available to Veterans and Service members who qualify.
The SFAI staff is available to assist you and your family with the financial aid process and can provide a more accurate estimate of your financial aid eligibility. Please contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at 415-749-4520.